Last night, around 2:20 in the morning, Jordan got out of bed to use the bathroom. I woke up but fell back asleep. I must have woken back up about 30 minutes later when I realized Jordan was still not in bed. I thought that was odd but 10 minutes later he came in the room. I asked if everything was okay, as I always do when he gets up in the middle of the night. He said there was a car sitting outside our house on the street.
I instantly woke up and got out of bed to go to the window. There was a car sitting with it's lights on right across from our house. It was a man, who was smoking (something?), he was using his cell phone the whole time and shuffling through papers. He had been there for the last 45 minutes. Our neighbors to the right of us are on vacation so I knew he wasn't there for them. Then, our other neighbor's daughter got dropped off at her house so he wasn't there for them.
Why else would this car be sitting there at 3:00 in the morning, talking on the phone and smoking...?
I then had a scary thought, could it be my father? He recently moved in the area but I hoped it wasn't so.
After Jordan and I watched for awhile longer, I decided to call the police. There is one other time that I have called the non-emergency CPD line. It was when we lived in a townhouse on Weybridge. It was 4 in the morning and the apartments behind us had some LOUD polka music going for hours. I had it and called. The polka music ended 10 minutes later.
I waited as I saw the police cruiser pull up, turn on it's spotlight onto the guy's face sitting in the car. It was not my father nor anyone I recognized from the neighborhood. He was in a silver Honda Civic. After the officer spoke with him a few moments and looked at his license I could see the guy pointing down the street, over and over again. Finally, the officer got back in his car and waited a moment while the Civc turned down the street, went down about 7 houses and pulled into a driveway.
The officer followed him a couple of minutes later to ensure he had pulled into his house.
So strange!
My hypothesis (which Jordan laughed at): This man is cheating on his wife/girlfriend and is talking on his cellphone with another women and had to pull onto a side street in his neighborhood before going home so no one would see him so he could chat it up and smoke.
Either way, weirdness all over. I think Lily and I will go on a walk and find out which house he pulled into.
If you're doing weird stuff in my neighborhood at 3am, I will call the police. Be warned.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good for you. I tell this to daphne all the time. the police are there to keep us safe but can only do this if they know there might be a problem.
That is creepy. There are some weirdos out there. Did you ever find out what house it was?
interesting story and more so since it was real...
Post a Comment