Later that evening, I left for the spaghetti dinner to prepare the gym and kitchen.
I worked from 4:30-8:30 like a fiend. I was sweating, running, giving orders, organizing, setting up and hustling my bustle. We had three different types of sauces, meatballs, salad, garlic bread to eat, a silent auction, baked goods sale and youth entertainment! Jordan came with Lily, Robert and Susan. Poor Lily, it was the end of a busy day and she was tired in a foreign place. Jordan would bring her over to me because she wanted to snuggle!
All in all, we raised $800.00 for the girl's summer camp!
Silent auction table with all kinds of goodies
Tables set up and ready for the party!
Hostess table with the donation box
Posters explaining what we will use the donations for - Somoa themed summer camp
Robert, Susan, Lily & Jordan enjoying dinner
Once everything was cleaned up and done, I started on my home and called Jordan to spread the good news that we made money! He told me Lily was still fussing on and off even though he had fed, rocked her and put her down to bed. This was the first time Jordan fed and put Lily down for bed and she just wasn't settling in for sleep.
When I got home I went up to her room, opened the door and said softly 'Hello Mama's baby!' She perks her little head up and starts kicking her legs. I took her into our room where the rocker is and held her facing me. She would pull back and put her hands on my shoulders and look at me and smile, squeal and then pull me in for a hug. She repeated this seven or eight time until she was satisfied that it really was me, Mommy. She then snuggled in and relaxed. I laid her down and she went to sleep without a peep.
I was sad that she couldn't go down without me but so happy that she loved seeing me! It was such a Mommy/baby bonding moment. I could tell she was so excited that I was back and we were once snuggling! I think it's what most new Mom's expect at delivery; to feel this magical, secure bond between them and their newborn. But, boy-oh-boy, is that a far cry from what I actually felt the moment I first held Lily!
1 comment:
I know what you mean. It's wonderful to have those sweet peaceful bonding moments. AND it's great when you know you are both capable of feeling the love.
Post a Comment