Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Lake

This past weekend we traveled up to Sheffield Lake to visit Jordan's parents for the weekend. We headed out in the morning with plans to stop at the outlets in Lodi on the way there. But Miss Lily fell asleep 10  minutes before the Lodi exit so we skipped it although I desperately need some capris/shorts. If you know of any good places to shop with deals - let me know! I am sick of wearing pants in the summer time.

Anyway, we had a lovely lunch with Robert and Susan and then Lily went down for a nap. Jordan started working on cleaning the past off of their dining room walls. They recently removed the wallpaper but since it was professionally done, it takes some elbow grease to get it off.


Jordan working hard in a toxic citrus fumes to remove the paste


While Jordan worked, I stopped by Rite Aid and as you can read from my previous post, I bought a bunch of diapers. After Rite Aid Susan and I stopped by their local grocery store called Apples. They had canned veggies for .05 cents a can and tuna for .29 cents a can! I, naturally being the frugalista I am, bought a bunch. Along with brownie mixes, apple juice and bread - they were all on sale for less than a dollar each.

Later that day, we traveled down to the lake. Each time we travel to SL, I always get excited to see Lake Erie. I didn't grow up near any body of water, unless you count Dillon Lake which was a man made yucky lake. But Lake Erie is beautiful with sandy beaches and gentle waves. Lily got to put her feetsies in and feel the waves to hit her legs!


Daddy, Lily and Mommy at the Lake


Lily straightening out her legs as the warm water hit them!


We had a delicious dinner that evening! Pan roasted chicken with a crushed pepper, lemon glaze, spinach tossed in a sweet poppy dressing with strawberries and seasoned carrots and roasted potatoes - YUM! Susan found the recipe in the book 30 Minute Meals.


2 comments:

Ca V Ha said...

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on some shorts - but New York & Co. is having a sale - I found some shorts from $7.99 to $14.99

http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat1100002&FLCat=cat60162&addFacet=1002%3Acat1100002

Great Grandma Lin said...

sounds like a productive visit plus some good buys and a nice dinner.