Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Teething

I think Lily is teething.

She has the following signs:
-Cranky/fussy
-Crys/screams at random times
-Chews non-stop
-More saliva than usual
-Waking early and crying
-Refuses to nurse/take a bottle sometimes
-Increased poo's that are not normal = diaper rash = crying when wiping her little bum

Who knows though? Not me. The last two weeks she had been whimpering or shouting when awake but still sleeping just fine. But this week, she is much more irritated to the point of crying with big girl tears (so sad).

We'll see soon. I put a call into the doctor's office to make sure I am not assuming something that I really should be seriously questioning. Irregular behavior lasting weeks needs to be addressed to make sure there is not an illness that is causing the discomfort instead of labeling it all as teething.

We are supposed to go to Kentucky on Friday through Sunday. But at this rate, I don't think it would be wise to go. She is uncomfortable as it is, in her own home. What would a 4 plus hour car ride and a hotel do? My first-time-mother-fear will most likely get the best of me.

I'll keep you posted. If there are little teeth coming, I'll be sure to post a picture!

4 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Sounds like teething to me! This can last a while and then stop with no teeth showing though...they one day, they just appear with no warning! Good job,Lily, this is so exciting!!!!

Susan said...

There will always be a reunion. How good of you to put Lily first. Remember, plain yogurt helps with the runs and the bum. I know...I know....bacteria. But I used it....sparingly at this stage. 100 proof whiskey wouldn't be bad...oh wait...you have orajel...use it.

Millie said...

Hillary can you check my blog to claim a gift I have for you.

http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com

Great Grandma Lin said...

you might try driving around town and see how Lily does. My little ones used to go right to sleep on long car rides. Maybe a change of scenery would be good for both of you? Just some ideas to think upon from a retired mother of four sons...now a grand mother!