I am hoping to get the blog caught up before this baby comes in the next two weeks :)
I left off at the end of November. Here is the first leg of our journey to Ohio from Florida.
Jordan and I woke up at 3:30am on Saturday and finished packing and getting ready. We got the kids up at 4:30am and had them in the van by 5:15am. One of our good friends from church volunteered (can you believe it?!?!) to drive us in our van to the airport so we wouldn't have to pay for parking.
The week of our trip, I spent many days going through 'winter' clothes and seeing what would still fit the kids. Thank goodness I had bought winter coats for both of them when I thought we would still be living in Ohio. This was the first day the kids had worn long pants since spring in Ohio!
Here we are at the gate in the Fort Myers airport
The (direct!) flight there was a breeze with only minor fussing from Robert. The trip was about 2 hours and 15 minutes
I was 30 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and this was my view!
The kids played with Jordan and I, colored, used markers, had snacks and enjoyed 'going through the clouds'
We arrived in Columbus a little after 9:30am and started texting our family to let them know we had arrived!! Jordan went to pick up the rental car and I stayed behind with the kids and luggage to wait.
I then go to pack up all the suitcases, carry-ons, stroller and two car seats onto a smartcart annnnd I had no cash. There were no employees with dolleys. I started to panic. There was one other person in the baggage claim area. One. And bless that mans soul, he helped carry all my stuff up two levels and to the rental car lot.
Lesson learned. Do not split up. :) Especially with two little kids!
We were met by a chilly 42 degree temperature and made our way to the Eve's house where would stay that night and for most of Sunday.
It was fantastic to see the Eve's again (in person and not skype!) and it was as if we had never left Columbus at all. We settled in and then Colleen and I hit the town after we had lunch from Chipotle. We hit up two Goodwill's and a Anchor Glass warehouse sale before we headed home to go to a party at Steph Hoyle's house.
All of our friends celebrated friends-giving that night with us - Roessner's, Johnson's, Eve's, Russell's, Hoyle's, Philpott's, Eve's and, of course, us. It was a full house! We had amazing Thanksgiving food and chatted the night away with my girls. We finally left once the kids began to melt.
That night, Jordan and Candler went out with some of the other guys while Colleen and I stayed in with the sleeping babes. We got to talk and hang out, which was so lovely.
We attended church the next day at our old ward. Once again, it felt as though we had never left! The talks were great and I loved feeling the love and well wishes from everyone there. It was truly a bittersweet Sunday.
We played that afternoon with the Eve's and then headed over to our (old) next door neighbor's house for dinner.

The Bright's hosted an awesome Italian feast for us, with help from Carol Howard. We spent the evening eating, chatting and playing with the kids. It was so lovely to see our neighbors (more like family) again. We were so blessed (and continue to be blessed) by their friendships and service to our family. We cannot wait to hostess them here in Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment