I am that person who will decorate for Christmas the minute that Thanksgiving is over. If I had it my way, I would decorate before Thanksgiving. But alas, I hold off usually until the day after. This year, there was one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas and we had just returned from our Ohio trip.
We got rid of our old tree that lasted for 6 years, once we moved to Florida. So while in Ohio, I shopped the black Friday ads and found a really good deal online at Target. It was planned to arrive at our house a couple of days after we returned.
Well...
Fail.
I accidentally shipped the tree and a couple of other things, to my friend Colleen's house!! Imagine her surprise when a big box arrives at her doorstep and it's a tree she didn't order. Ha!
I was bummed and knew it would cost quite a bit more to buy a new one in stores. I was feeling post-trip homesickness and it definitely wasn't feeling like 'Christmas' to me here in warm, sunny, snow-less Florida.
After a bit of debate, I loaded the kids up and drove over to the Sam's Club in Fort Myers and bought a 9 foot slim, pre-lit tree
And the decorating began! And slowly, with each decoration put out, it began to feel like Christmas to me.
Lily was a great helper as I worked on fluffing the tree.
Why am I the only one fluffing?? I hate fluffing but it's a necessary evil.
The kids helped straighten the red velvet ribbon to put on our tree
The tree was fluffed, star lit and the ribbon was ready to put on!
We then put on all the ornaments and bulbs we have. It was barely enough to cover this much bigger tree!
Our bell ringing mice made their way to our bar counter. Rob loved hearing the bells ring out, playing Christmas songs. He would pull over a chair and just watch with great intent.
Our tree!
Our nativity decorations made my Jordan's sister Dawn, last year
Another nativity scene, crafted by Jordan's sister Jocelyn last year.
1 comment:
I still love the mice. Gave my marching band to Henry and Oskar last year. Wonder if it ever got put out. Missed the guys. Maybe I ought to look for some mice for myself.
Post a Comment