I am very, very close to the end of my 3rd pregnancy. I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning at 4:00am in the Cape Coral Hospital. However, they have five inductions scheduled for tomorrow morning (?!) and I may get booted if need be.... I will be 39 weeks and 4 days and (I think) with a baby at 8+ pounds.
These last few weeks have been physically challenging, especially with two little cuties at home with me.
About two months ago, I started noticing a tingling sensation in my hands during the night. Over two weeks, it got worse. I now have swollen hands which is causing carpel tunnel issues on both hands. It's the worse when I sleep: my hands will be totally numb and in pain. It sometimes takes 2 hours once I've woken up to completely straighten and control my fingers. It's painful for most of the time.
My feet are swollen but not my ankles. It's like little sausages for toes.
I have contractions all day long. And I've had them for weeks. 90% of the time they are just annoying and cause my belly (really, my uterus) to tense up and then relax when the contraction is over. The last two weeks some have felt like the real contraction where real pain can be felt with it.
Of course there is the back pain, heartburn (probably eating at least 4-6 tums a day), exhaustion. Surprisingly, my sleep has been pretty good for all things considered! I mean, I turn over and it takes me 1 minute concentration and moderate physical exertion, but that's standard for me.
Baby boy has been healthy and strong the whole time. A good heart beat and healthy growth. Around 37 weeks I began to measure larger than I was. At 38 weeks I had an ultrasound that estimated his current weight at 8.5 lbs with an estimated delivery weight of 9.5lbs. His legs measured longer than average so that may be throwing the weight estimation off. We shall see. I just do not want to have a c-section. Like, at all. Post partum is already a challenging time for me, plus two kids, no sleep and being away from family... no thanks.
But the most important thing to me, is to deliver a healthy baby. And I plan on doing that very soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment