The day after Thanksgiving, we headed over to my Mom's house. On the way over, we stopped at Donald's Donuts (?!!??!?!). That means insert super amounts of excitement. Lily came in with to this local donut shop and we picked out all kinds of amazingly delicious donuts. The pumpkin spice with cream cheese icing was devilishly delicious.
Lily chose a sprinkle donut to enjoy
Robert shared a chocolate cake donut with me. Cake donuts are favorite...and now I am salivating and wishing I lived close to a yummy donut store.
Before lunch was ready, the kids needed to run a bit wild and get some energy out. We headed over to the mall and let the kids play in the play place. Side note, here in Florida most of the malls are outdoor. And if they are indoor, there is no play place. Lily misses them!
The mall wasn't too busy around 10:00am. I was really surprised. And my cuties had a fun time playing
After a yummy lunch, my Mom, Angela and I went out and ran some errands. We, of course, stopped by Gabriel Brothers (like a cheap TJMaxx).
When we returned, everyone helped to decorate the Christmas tree.
Angela helped Lily with all the hard to reach places :)
Oh, and what did Rob do in his spare time at Nene Kathy's house? Vacuum. Duh.
Nene also helped Lily decorate the tree, preparing the bulbs and ornaments for her to put them on the tree
Look at these cuties!
Rob enjoyed a rousing game of peek a boo with Nene where he laughed so hard, he must have peed himself :)
The tree was completed! Here is Lily giving a sassy pose for me, quite proud of her work
Me and Lily... and baby #3 (not sure what pose Lily is expressing!)
Nene and Lily Girl
I may not have looked thrilled in this picture. I was not feeling well and realized I had not drank enough water. And not enough water = headache + painful braxton hicks contractions.
We did get to skype with Bree which was a lot of fun to have her 'there' even though she wasn't 'physically there'
Family photo! I must have smelled bad...?? ;)
The next morning we spent with my Mom and my Grandpa at his nursing home. Rob enjoyed a Milky Way on his lap.
My grandparents always have had sweets. Even though though my Grandma Anna had diabetes. As a child, I remember the chest freezer in their garage, located right before the door to the garage. Inside? Fudgesicles and ice cream - usually Neapolitan. Inside the house? A corner cab that would always have spiced gum drops and a few other candies. In the lazy susan there would be a tin with cookies - usually vanilla cremes.
I asked my Grandpa if we could go down to the lobby and have him play guitar for us
He obliged and we all enjoyed the music and danced around the lobby. How amazing is it, that even though my Grandfather is 83 years old and struggles with all kinds of physical ailments - can still freestyle on his guitar?! It was great and I am glad my children could be there to witness it
We did all kinds of dancing
After the nursing home, we took my Grandpa and my Mom to Bob Evan's for brunch. After that, we headed over to my Mom's house so the kids could open their Christmas presents from her, early so she could be there.
Lily got a 3 pack of wooden puzzles that were Sophia the First.
Rob received a cookie monster backpack although he poo poo'ed it at the time. Sometimes he is just particular. Plus, we were on the last leg of our journey and we were all getting worn out!
Here are the kids with my Mom before we headed back over to my Dad's house to spend the rest of the day with him.
I have to say, that dividing our time in Zanesville was tricky. We could spend three whole days with Jordan's family but in Zanesville my mom saw us for 1 1/2 days and my Dad saw us for 1 1/2 days. Ah, the aftermath of a divorce. Still felt as an adult. Even though the divorce between my parents was necessary, it still is unpleasant to deal with, at times.
If only parents could fully grasp and understand the impact their actions and decisions have on their children, the world would be a much different, happier place.
No comments:
Post a Comment