Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Trip to Ohio: Grandpa John's (Part 3)

We arrived to my Dad's house on Thanksgiving morning. The kids were very excited to arrive! They ran around and explored the house and where 'their' rooms would be. 

Quickly, very quickly, Rob located a vacuum (of course!) He called this one 'Daddy's vacuum' because it used to be ours before we moved to Florida, and Jordan exclusively used it to shampoo :)


The kids took a quick nap and we prepared for Thanksgiving dinner. As you can see here, Lily wasn't ready to wake up yet


Jaye and Cyrus came to join in the dinner. Angela was working (darn retail stores!!) and Briana was in Utah. 


Lily enjoying some of the orange rolls Teresa and I made with delicious fruity jello


And there I am, in all my pregnancy glory, at the time I was 31 weeks pregnant


After a delicious dinner, we had an impromptu dance party in the family room


Grandpa John joined in on the festivities


Lily and I dancing. I think we must have been dancing to classic Christmas songs


Cyrus and my Dad


After a break (for our bellies) we annihilated pumpkin cheesecake with freshly whipped topping. I am pretty sure I ate at least two pieces 


Robert loves all things sweet (like me and not Jordan). Here he is getting his 3rd helping of dessert


What did Robert do during his spare time at Grandpa John's house? This. Lay on the floor with the vacuum hose and 'shampoo' the carpet


More dancing :)


I requested a fire, since we don't have/need fireplaces in Florida and I terribly miss mine! My Dad and Lily tried to figure out why the pilot kept going out


When Lily couldn't offer any insight, Cyrus tried. No fire in the end :(


Angela got off work and came over that night right before the babies had to go down for bed. Angela has this app on her iPhone called beauty salon. Lily fell in love with this game. 


The next morning, we had breakfast before heading out to Nene Kathy's house. My Dad downloaded the beauty salon app so Lily could play when Angela wasn't there. 


Teresa, myself, my Dad and Lily. Robert was being tamed by Jordan at that point :)



No comments: