Last year I went to a cookie exchange at my friend Liz's house. I loved the idea of the event and it was so delicious to come home with all kinds of goodies.
I decided to throw a cookie exchange at my house, which was the first party I've thrown here in Florida. My neighbor, two girls from church and two ladies from Ohio attended.
I brought out the cocomotion and got ready for the party!
Cookie plate wrapping station, if anyone wanted to make up plates to deliver later
Thank you gifts!
I made peppermint brownies and ginger spice cookies with lemon glaze. Other cookies were: lace cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate chip oatmeal cokies, cocoa crinkles, buckeyes, sugar cookies, rice krispe treats and fudge.... so good!
Our family tradition is to take cookies to our neighbors, so we loaded up some plates and took them to a few of our neighbors. They were delighted and very thankful. One of the elderly men even brought the kids Christmas presents a couple of days later. It was so kind!
One of Jordan's favorite traditions is to make chocolate covered pretzels. The kids got to help this year and loved it
For Christmas Eve, we opened new PJ's and popped popcorn
Lily's new Tangled nightgown (she wore it for 7 days straight!)
Rob opened a pair of Santa PJ's
Here they are in their new PJ's and consuming mass amounts of popcorn :)
The final event of the evening was to read The Littlest Angel
After that, the kids hopped in bed and went to sleep relatively easily. Jordan and I then set up the tree and prepped the stockings.
No comments:
Post a Comment