Friday, January 24, 2014

28th Birthday

I turned 28 on December 12th!

I requested my favorite birthday breakfast - french toast on texas toast with real maple syrup. I wanted some delicious donuts, but I have yet to find a local donut shop within 25 minutes of my house... :(


Lily and Robert helped me eat and open my tray present which was a piping kit to ice things with


Robert was very interested in it! He would sing me happy birthday all day long, and it was so precious!


For my birthday dinner, we enjoyed dinner and skyped with our family. Colleen and company sent me a Menchie's gift card (yum!), Robert and Susan sent me a purse that works really well for church, my Dad and Teresa sent me a pair of pearl drop earrings and Jordan bought me a totally awesome toaster.

For some reason we didn't take any pictures?!

Dessert consisted of Cold Stone Creamery ice cream (dark chocolate, mint with Oreos and York Peppermint Patties) and a movie.

That Saturday, Jordan gave me the 2nd part of my birthday present - painting our bedroom and hanging all the mirrors/pictures.


The color was just too...mute for me. It was a light beige and I wanted something warmer for our room.


See the difference? He worked for most of the day on it! He could have cared less about a color change on the walls, but since he loves me and wants what I want, he did the labor of love for me


Painting, painting and more painting. I think he was glad this was the last room we plan on painting in this house. Which was room #4 - kitchen, Lily's bedroom, bonus room and our room.


I helped tape the walls and watch the children. And just sat there and enjoyed his company. 

Another part of my birthday present was a pedicure that I got with my next door neighbor Danielle. We both went to the nail place and enjoyed a nice exfoliation and chatter. It was her treat and so sweet of her to think of me :)


No comments: