Friday, December 17, 2010

A Thought

Do you believe this statement?

"Life can get better"

I do.

I know I have the power to make my life what I want it to be no matter what may came. I am the only one who can changy my attitude, thoughts, actions, habits and behavior. I can make my life unhappy or happy. I have the choice. A gift given from God, agency is the power to choose.

Whenever I have gone through difficult things - I have always told myself that things will get better. As the Christmas carol goes: In the dark street shineth the every lasting Light. That was my drive to work through whatever was going on in my life - the light at the end of the dreary street.

Note, that the verb in the phrase is - can - the ability to attain. It is not certain unless we make it certain by putting in effort, action to turn it into this phrase:

"Life will get better"

3 comments:

Colleen Eve said...

I'm a believer in life is what you make of it. Your attitude can turn things around if you are willing to look at the positives and work to make it better. Candler and I always say "stiff upper lip" when we are having a hard time. They always pass, but usually not without you trying to get through it.

Susan said...

excellent. and no one has to wait for it to get better...knowing that it can makes it better in that instance of knowing.

sad for people who expect others to make it better for them....cuz it never happens.

'and it came to pass'....always does one way or another. make it the right way.

Great Grandma Lin said...

this too shall pass is a useful phrase to use with whatever challenge you are facing...