I can't exactly remember why I chose to make/bake/create four different types of treats, but that is exactly what I did. I think the combination of my kitchenaid mixer, my stone baking sheets and my double oven made me think - go big!!
I started with a chocolate chip cookie, with a twist! Thank you to an awesome cookbook that I am now completely in love with - Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield - I made some healthy chocolate chip cookies for the first time ever. Jordan and I (and I think his Mom and most of his sisters) have a home run recipe for CCC but I wanted to branch out a little. They were yummy, garbonzo beans and all!
I then made the classic pretzel, hershey kisses with M&M's treats. An easy and so tasty treat. Unwrapping the kisses is what took the longest!
Next, I made chocolate mint cookies with a white chocolate icing and garnished with crushed peppermint candy cane. Yes, I had to use a hammer to bust up the candy canes. Who knew a hammer would be necessary for baking...? Not I.
Finally, I concluded the baking madness with a fantasticly delicious, classic gingerbread recipe. I wanted to make the icing to boot, but I just didn't have the time nor the patience. Lily is cutting her 1 year molars and the past week she has been pretty cranky. So spending time in the kitchen became a challenge when she pulls on my legs and whines.
Jordan holding Lily and her long distance friend, Molly Hanna. Cute little Santa outfits!
Molly was tired and her Mom needed to play hostess so she snuggled into Jordan and seemed very content!
Lily loves all things transportation. Here she is trying to push a 3 year old in his own cozy coupe. I am sure this upcoming summer I will get one at a garage sale.
The treats! With all the leftover cookies, we made up treat plates and dropped them off to our neighbors.
No comments:
Post a Comment