Monday, December 13, 2010

Angela Room Makeover

I have one of the best little sister's ever. Her name is Angela and we are a little over 10 years apart. She looks a lot like me but she has blonde hair and light green eyes while I have brown hair and dark brown eyes. Angela is mellow, thoughtful, considerate, helpful, smart, funny and so sweet. She deserves everything she has and more in life.

Angela was in need of a new room, completely. I knew with Briana leaving on her mission, Angela would have the chance to move into a big, nice room - all alone. I started planning about three months ago to do a total room makeover for her. I scoured garage sales, Goodwill, Craigslist and other discount stores to find anything that could work with her new room. Jordan was totally on board and helped with many Craigslist runs to pick up various, bulky items. Our inspiration was a Victoria's Secret PINK bedspread that Jordan picked up at sample sale this past summer. The colors on the comforter included red and pink. I chose an acccent color of black for the furniture.

With Briana's flight scheduled, Jordan and I planned on going to Zanesville the day after Bree's flight to re-do the room while Angela was at school. It took a lot of preparation, but we got everything ready to go and off we went!

How the room was left by Briana:


Another view


Needs some serious help!


With everything cleared out, almost a blank slate


TLC - here I come!



Jordan working, working, working. He took the day off from work and was so helpful. I couldn't have done it without him!!


The furniture was re-arranged, the new bed frame, boxspring and mattress are assembled!


The final result: my friend Molly and I sewed this custom PINK curtain for the entrance to her room.


First side of the room - new shelves, thanks to our friends the Eve's


Voila! A new side table, lamp (also thanks to the Eve's), lights, new pillows, sheets. And yes, the amazing AGK initials that I hand cut out. Ah, to have a cricut!


Frames with pictures of Lily & Angela, a new mirror and clean dresser


Updated clothing rack spray painted black (by me and my hands hurt for days!!)


Twilight posters from her old room and a new shoe organizer


The second set of PINK curtains for the window and more Twilight


The desk with a fresh set of stationary, calendar and dry erase board.


The reveal - she was so surprised! She squealed, turned red, gasped, covered her mouth and told me she will love me forever :)


It was such a great experience for both Jordan and I. We had the chance to give Angela her first real room. We were so excited to give her this makeover and we were so excited to have completed it with such awesome results. It felt amazing to give service to my fantastic little sister.

Love you Angie!

No comments: