I am way past due for a Thanksgiving post but the last ten days have, by far, been the busiest of my entire 2010 year! I'll start with our Thanksgiving festivities and go from there :)
The night before Thanksgiving, the Barrett's (Jordan's oldest sister and her family) came to stay with us. Jordan and I were not quite sure how Lily would handle three additional kids in the house. Well, Lily was in love with all three of them almost from the start!! The kids were absolutely great with her. They talked with her, showed her how to work toys, played with her, walked with her and snuggled with her. Not to mention, showered her with so much attention, kisses and hugs.
On Thanksgiving morning, we all traveled to Zanesville to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family. Although things were a little chaotic at the beginning, once we all got to sit down to eat, it was lovely. We had 14 of us plus little Lily! She loved playing with all the toys and spending time with her cousins and aunts/uncles.
That night, Dawn and I ventured out at 10:00pm to check out the Toys R Us sales to see if I could score some diapers on sale.
Wrong move.
The TRU was nutso! The streets leading into the shopping center was bonkers and there were cars everywhere without a parking spot in sight! As Dawn and I were trying to exit, a lady (pregnant) shouted at me using profanity. Yikes! We got out of there stat.
However, the next day Dawn and I went out again as I loaded up on diapers galore (about 1,000) for Lily and for a baby that is not yet conceived. Just wanted to make that clear - no, I am not pregnant but yes, I bought diapers for the next baby. You know me.
We enjoyed crafts, movies, Santa visit at the mall, roasted marshmallows and some great company! What a wonderful time, we hope to see the Barrett's again at Christmas. Lily sooo missed everyone when they left!
Here are the kids showing Lily how to turn on her ball popper - she can now turn it on by herself!
Lily chilling with Auntie Dawn
The kids and Uncle Ken enjoying some morning cartoons
Uncle Ken walking with Lily - she couldn't get enough!
The whole gang
No comments:
Post a Comment