Monday, December 6, 2010

Briana Off to Bulgaria

As most of you know, my younger sister Briana, left for her 18 month long mission this past week.

It was so surreal to see her pack everything up, buy all of her necessary supplies and mentally prepare herself for what was about to come. I have known for months that she was going to leave but it didn't really hit me until a day or so after she left I realized I could no longer just call her.

She is currently in Utah at a missionary training center for two months until she leaves at the end of January for Bulgaria. If you would like to send her a letter during the next two months, please send her snail mail to:

Sister Briana Elise Kinkead

MTC Mailbox # 86
BUL-SOF 0202
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Or, if you would like to send her a letter after the end of January send her mail here:

Sister Briana Elise Kinkead

Bulgaria Sofia Mission
UI. Marin Drinov 21
1504 Sofia
Bulgaria

I will be charting her activies and correspondance on a blog that I have yet to finish creating (I have started it!).

Lily and I met her at the airport to send her off (Jordan was in meetings all morning so he was unable to come). She got to ride in the backpack carrier as I made my way through the airport parking lots and airport just fine. Lily loves her backpack carrier, it's so cute. My Mom and Briana's good friend, Josh, were also there at the airport.

After a little while Lily was tired and we had to say our goodbyes. That was the last time I will see the Briana that I used to know. The next time I see her, I will most likely have another little one and Lily will be almost three years old!! The Briana I knew, will no longer be. She will return with more maturity, a different aspect on life, life lessons learned and a greater appreciation for her country and culture.

Briana chatting with my Mom about her flight schedules for the day


Briana finally got her hands on Lily and gave her a great big hug!


Waiting at the airport right before Briana left


I could tell Briana was nervous, she kept talking and going over and over her flight schedule aloud to us


The last picture of Briana and I for the next 18 months!!

1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

how fun you can write and email probably and grow during this time apart...