In my church, I have a calling to be a party planning coordinator for the women's organization.
This December I decided to plan a Christmas dinner with three classes to follow the dinner. It is pretty stressful trying to feed an unknown number of women a semi-formal dinner! So, I enlisted some help from other ladies in my church. We had planning meetings, a gazillion emails, shopping trips and finally the day arrived to decorate the church and get all the food ready.
On the menu:
*Roasted turkey
*Sugar & cider ham
*Onion roasted red skin potatoes
*Broccoli with cheese sauce
*Dinner rolls
*Fruit
*Sparkling apple drink
*With cookies and turtle brownies for dessert
After the dinner, we had a craft class where you could paint ceramic ornaments, create candy cane reindeer and make other stocking stuffers. The second class was an awesome cooking class with a full demonstration and sampling of a recipe called "Ingrid's White Lasagna". It was sooo delicious and I cannot wait to make it myself! The third class was a class where numerous presenters shared how they focus on Christ during this holiday season and tips for different family sizes; with kids, without, just grown ups, etc.
All in all, the event was great. But boy, was I glad when it was over!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like lots of work but very worthwhile
Post a Comment