I had the best birthday to date.
Unfortunately, Miss Lily is sick. But even with that taken into account, I had the best birthday ever.
Jordan took care of Lily in the morning and then brought me breakfast in bed. My request to the chef? French toast on texas toast, fresh cut pineapple and chocolate milk. Delicious! As Hatch tradition has it, there is always a tray present given to the birthday person. I recieved steel cooling racks for my stoneware.
We give Lily a bath to help with her congestion and then head downstairs where I have to find my gift!
Lily helped me find my new Calphalon cooking pot - just what I wanted! The wrapping was amazing. Kudos to Jordan
I then got to open my present from my in-laws; a beautiful sling back purse handmade by my MIL! As tradition, there was a penny in the pocket :) Also pictured, my cooling racks and lovely pot!
Since Lily was sick, Jordan stayed home from church with her so I could go for a brief while. And then the snow came. By the time I was out of church, there was a couple of inches on the ground. When I walked into the house, Jordan had baked a chocolate cake and was making Hershey's Chocolate icing from scratch! I was so impressed. Not only was Lily taken care of, but the floors vaccumed and my bathroom cleaned. What a great husband and birthday present!
After a delicious lunch, we ate the cake!
Does this not look so delicious? I love my husband.
Earlier in the week, I purchased a 5-in-1 food processor for $30 from CL along with the cookbook Deceptively Delicious from eBay. We shredded lettuce, grated cheese and made pineapple & strawberry smoothies.
Haha, so this is Lily and I - Lily in mid cough, poor little babe. Just when I thought the gift opening was over, Jordan told me I had one more! A handless vac, this gift was from Lily to help clean up after each and every single meal she eats. LOVE IT. Every Mom to wee ones needs one. Thanks Leelee!
Our good friends the Eve's came over later to visit briefly and brought a gift for me - can you guess?
A brand new broom! :)
My old one was straw and not very thorough. When Colleen was sick a while back, I cleaned her kitchen and used her broom. I commented how much I loved it, and now I have one. Yay for cleaning!
It was so lovely to read all the birthday cards and birthday wishes my family and friends sent me. I didn't want yesterday to end, I kept telling Jordan all day long that it was the best birthday ever. I don't think I even changed one diaper.. I think I did feed her one bottle. Jordan did the rest. Love it. Birthdays should happen more often...! :)
2 comments:
wow, hilary, happy birthday!! with the way my mom talks about you, I was sure you were way more mature than me... like in your 30's! Very cool to see we are the same age :) Hope your little lily gets better soon... your blog is amazing!! I love it.
Ruth (Kron) Dowling
how fun, you have a great hubby and he can even bake cakes-wow!
Post a Comment