During Jordan's stay-cation this week, we went down to campus to visit Tommy's pizza.
If you do not know what Tommy's pizza is and you live in Columbus, Ohio - then shame on you!
It's a pizza joint on the corner of Neil Ave. and Lane Ave. right north of Ohio State University's campus. Jordan started working at Tommy's after he came home from his mission and started his 2nd year of college. He worked there for the next 3 years until his internship at Limited Brands!
There are so many fond memories of this little (outdated) pizzeria! Jordan and I dated, became engaged and married all while he worked there. I remember meeting him there as his shift was almost over to wait for him as I sat on the countertop in the kitchen while he baked his last few pizzas of the night. I remember traveling back from a night class I had - film history - and eating pizza with him as he worked his night shift. I can recall all the football game Saturdays where he worked from 7am to 1:30am - yes 18 plus hour shifts. During our three years of schooling at OSU, we never had to buy a parking pass. We always parked at Tommy's which saved us hundreds of dollars and time each quarter. Between the two of us, I am sure we have consumed over 1,000 pizzas, 500 subs and who knows what else while he worked there all for gratis.
What a fun (and smelly) job that was for us as we worked our way through college.
It was lovely to take Lily down with us now, as a family to place where Jordan and I have shared so many memories. Lily loved it! Although she wanted to eat my meatball sub and fries! We said hello to a few employees that are still working there and trhe manager that has worked there for 38 years!!
I love Tommy's pizza!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment