On Monday, we traveled over to Zanesville to visit the family. Lily had a wonderful time seeing all of her family - aunts and uncles, Grandma Kathy and her great grandparents. With my grandmother's health declining, I asked her for all of her genealogy work with a promise that I would continue where she left off. With that, Jordan loaded up all of her census records, computer and miscellaneous items into the car to bring back with us.
As I was looking through the amazing amount of information by grandmother compiled, including scanning over 4,000 images - ranging from the 1800's to present - I was overcome by gratitude and love for my grandmother. My grandmother has suffered from diabetes since I can remember, has had multiple strokes in her later life and is currently suffering from shingles. Throughout all her health concerns as well as raising 7 of her own children, fostering many others and baby-sitting children for the longest time, she still worked and compiled family history.
What a wonderful woman. I know I am meant to continue our family's work.
Here are some shots from the fun day:
Uncle Cyrus giving Lily a kiss
How cute is this photo??? She loved snuggling with Cyrus
Exploring Grandma's fun carpet
More kisses! This time from Auntie Ange
I love it! Lily kissing (more like eating) her parrot and Angela kissing Lily
Briana had a short break from work and stopped by to say hello!
No comments:
Post a Comment