Lily is now saying Mama! She has been rattling off Dada for 4 months now.. but no Mama until this past Wednesday. We were walking through Big Lots as I held her in my arms and I kept saying Mama, Mama.. and then I finally see her lips meet and the M sound come out! And then she couldn't stop! :)
I feel like that was her thank you to me for the 9 months I have nursed her. *Fair warning, this may be TMI for you as the reader, not for me as the author because it's my blog and I blog about my milk ... :)* My milk supply is almost gone as I dropped down to one nursing session each morning. By the end of this weekend, I am almost certain it will be gone for good. I have mixed emotions about it but mostly excited for one step closer to independence for Lily as well as for me, Mommy!
Here are a few shots of the recent happenings of Miss Lily:
Lily and I sitting on a kiddie picnic table that my grandpa made for us!
This is baby sign language for: Mommy, it's way too hot and humid out here for a walk, what are you thinking?!
Lily playing with Daddy before bed time. She loves to chew on that little Pooh toy!
3 comments:
Congrats, that's awesome!
your grampa made that just for Lily? Isn't he wonderful! and it's perfect for tea parties...when the heat index drops a bit.
Awww... It's such a bittersweet moment when they wean or when you stop nursing. I miss it too! All the more incentive to have another one :)
Post a Comment