Lily is 9 months old!
We had her doctor appointment yesterday with the help of Aunt Angela and here are the stats:
*Weight: 18 lbs 4 oz from 14 lbs 14 oz at 6 months
*Height: 27 inches from 25 inches at 6 months
The doctor said she looks healthy and is growing physcially and developmentally right on time. He suggested to read books to her, converse with her, brush her teeth and work on finger foods. We've been doing all of the previous except for the brushing her two little teeth. Necessary...? I do recognize the importance of starting healthy habits early so we'll see. Maybe once she gets a few more teeth in.
Speaking of teeth, she's cut a tip of her top tooth and I can see the outlines for the other 3 teeth in her gums. I have a feeling these next few teeth will come in all together.
Lily is officially crawling - forwards, backwards and sideways! She just started on Tuesday and is getting better each day. It's amazing just how quick they learn a skill and improve on it! She mostly crawls for: Mommy or Daddy, her little puppies (stuffed animals - no way am I getting a real one!) and her books.
I learned in the last few weeks that Lily loves books! I know books and reading are an important part of development but I wasn't quite sure when I wanted to begin reading to her on a daily basis. Right around 8 months is when I decided to give it a try and if it seemed pointless, I would just try again later. But, she loves to sit on our laps and look at the pages as the tone of our voice rises and falls.
Her favorite book thus far? Where is Baby's Belly Button? She loves the flaps that have a hidden picture underneath. Too cute. She actually squeals when we read it!
Lily at 9 months chewing on Pooh
This week my little sister of 10 years came to visit with us. What a wonderful time we have had together! Angela is a great sister. She is patient, kind, compassionate, an amazing helper and great with Lily. I know Lily will be said when Angela goes home tomorrow! They have enjoyed reading books together, playing with toys, snuggling, hugging, giving kisses and going on walks. Grocery shopping was a breeze with Angela as my right hand lady! Lily likes to grab Angela's arm or hand and coo. It is so precious!!
Another little trick Lily has learned this week is to imitate sounds more so than before. When we growl, she will growl. Why are we choosing to teach our child to growl? Why not? It is so hilarious.
Angela and Lily playing a xylophone piano
How cute are they? I will answer for you, so cute!!
On Tuesday night, Angela and I went to mutual at church. Lily stayed home with Daddy as she always does. For their Tuesday date night, Lily helped Daddy in the yard - picking weeds. Well, in reality, Lily sat and played in the grass and ate it. Yes, Daddy let her eat the grass. Yuck!
Lily: Daddy, does Mommy know I am eating this?
5 comments:
Cute! I love the deep green grass background. Angela is so gorgeous! Sounds like a fun night.
Love it. What a little sweetie. Jack is doing the imitating too, it's so fun.
I love reading your blog!! Lilly is adorable!
Funny--we went to Buy Buy Baby the other day and "Where's Baby's Bellybutton" was Steve's favorite book, too!! Haha
(Oh, I'm pregnant by the way--don't know if you knew... so we were actually pricing stuff.. not just being creepy people at a baby store! Due in January!)
I hope all continues to be well with you guys!! Tell your family I say hi!
be happy with grass. be glad you are aware. this next story will gag you. we lived in an teeny house when we had Dawn and had moved back to OH-I-O. but we had a garden at Etzels. we were weeding when carol freaked out cuz Dawn was gnarring on something. i thought it was just an old piece of wood. my grandmother always said you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die so get started. however, Carol had horses......do you understand? dried something that was NOT a piece of wood? as I said...be happy it was grass.
grass sounds delightful after your mom in laws story! lol!
Post a Comment