Lily has slept in a fleece swaddle that velcros since she came home from the hospital. The first two weeks of her life, she lived in that swaddle.
It keeps her warm at night and nice and snug. But, she was growing out of it. Big time.
With that... last night she slept sans the swaddle. We opted for a fleece sleep sack, instead.
I was nervous. Why fix something that isn't broken, right? Would she sleep the same without her beloved, snuggly swaddle? Would she cry for an hour before she fell asleep? I almost didn't go through with it but I knew that someday she wouldn't need it any longer and that day was quickly approaching.
She was fine, went right to sleep without a peep until 7:45 this morning.
Our little baby is growing up. No more swaddle! I now will pack it up in a storage bin, not to be used until the next wee one comes along.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sad...no more swaddling...but happy considering the idea of another one sometime. babies are the best!
Lucky. The reason we had to stop swaddling Vivi was because they didn't make swaddle blankets in her size. :( Sad, but she finally adjusted.
Post a Comment