I can't recall the last time I have seen rain!
It must have been last fall...? Since then, it's all been snow, snow and more snow.
Thank goodness that is over (I hope!).
We had a great weekend and it came to an end way too quickly. On Friday, my Mom came to watch Lily for me so I could: get a cavity filled, get a (much needed) haircut from my friend Stephanie at Regis Salons in Tuttle Crossing Mall and then go on a date with Jordan.
Jordan and I went to Chammp's with a $10 off coupon. I had a delicious parm chicken sandwich with waffle fries (yum!) and Jordan ordered steak fajitas. We then went to Big Lots and Goodwill - I know, what a romantic date! We totally cashed in at Goodwill though, they had just put out three cart fulls of Target items.
Saturday Jordan had his last stake basketball game - thank goodness - and then came home and worked on our yard all afternoon. Lily and I went out to visit him and play in the warm sunshine. She loved to feel the breeze on her face. She would catch her breath each time the wind blew, it was so cute!
Jordan installed a rain barrel that his Mom, Susan, gave us. The barrel collects rain and then has a faucet that has a hose attached so you can water your yard/garden with the stored rain water. It's a pretty cool tool.
Saturday night we had the Eve's over for our first grill party of the year. I mixed up ranch burgers and they were delicious!
All in all, we had a great weekend with the family!
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
PS - Ranch burgers were awesome! Def. should be put into your fabulous recipe arsenal ;)
how very nice for everyone. Glad you are enjoying the rain barrel..and you'll be collecting plenty these days. And then it will be so handy when the sun beats down.
Thanks Colleen!
Yes, Susan, we are loving the rain barrel. Jordan loves playing in the yard and setting up cool new toys :)
Post a Comment