Life lesson: never put food in a crock pot overnight.
Result: dreaming about seasoned pork, waking up hungry at 4:30am and then not able to go back to bed because with each inhale there is a sweet, tasty aroma of seasoned pork!
Jordan has a potluck today for work and he wanted to slow cook a HUGE pork loin I got on sale at Meijer. We made 1/3 of it for us and then last night he decided to slow cook the rest overnight so he could take it into work with him.
For some reason, I concurred, thinking it was a good idea.
Not.
I think I lost about 2 hours of sleep because I was dreaming/thinking/sniffing pulled pork slow cooking in our crock pot. Then I had the thought, will Lily wake up? The kitchen is right under her room. After Jordan and I realized our entire house (and most likely neighborhood) smelled delicious, he went down and took it out of the crock pot and packed it up for work.
So, lesson learned. No crock pots on overnight.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That gives a new meaning to the word "torture."
til the next time. i can imagine sleeping or dreaming or not of pulled pork. it would be heavenly...and your pulled pork is!
Post a Comment