Wednesday, March 10, 2010

19 Weeks

Miss Lily is 19 weeks today!

I decided to start 'working on' introducing solids to her. We did a trial run a few weeks ago, but now I am working with her everyday on it. She seems to really like it! In a couple of weeks, I will introduce veggies and then fruits after that. I cannot believe she is almost 6 months old...

We still have yet to see her roll over but thanks to her new reflux medicine, she can spend more time on her belly without up-chucking every 30 seconds.

She has found her toes and feetsies! Now at every diaper change, she grabs her toes and holds up her legs while I clean her up. Already a little helper!

With 6 months around the bend, I've been thinking about decreasing/ending breast feeding. I have mixed feelings about it all. So I think I will hang tight until she is set on solids in the next 6 weeks. I've been pricing formula and it is expensive! Then there are the brands, generic or Similac - the type, soy, organic, milk based. The list goes on. I've completely taken for granted that I produce milk, the right type, brand, temperature and nutrients for FREE.

We'll see...

Here are her photos for the week!





4 comments:

The Armstrong Article said...

I can';t believe how big she is! Times seriously flies! So, I'm going to weigh in on your nursing debate, though it's just my opinion. I'd totally keep breastfeeding her all you can. It's super awesome that you're still able to! I'd totally still nurse Addie if I could, but my milk started to run dry when she was 6 months old. I had to stop when Dean was 9 months for the same reason, but I would have loved to do it for a year, maybe 18months? But if you go the formula route, we use Emfamil premium lipil, and it's worked well for us. Costco sells a huge can of it for $33 I believe, and with her drinking about 18 ounces all day it lasts pretty well. With Dean we used the Costco brand, and really when you compare all of it's vitamins and such to everyone else, it's the same, and waaay cheap! Anyway good luck!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Love the leggings...on the feeding...do what feels right for you both! You'll know what's best!

Ca V Ha said...

I agree those leggings are pretty awesome.

And for the nursing - I think I'll probably have the same debate. I'd like to start weaning at 6 months and then be done by a year. I'm going to take it slow.

Susan said...

love the legwarmers...maybe we oughta call her Kira, from Xanadu