Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend

What a weekend.

Did the following occur?

Mental breakdown: check
Awesome movie (New Moon): check
Love from my husband & Lily: check, check
Headache from church: check
Meeting(s) for church: check and double check
Delicious Sunday breakfast: yummy check

Last week was rough so I am not surprised that my weekend was full of ups and downs. Lily has not been napping like normal for the past two weeks and this past week it turned into not napping at all and waking up earlier than usual in the morning.

After almost losing my mind (because a tired baby is a fussy baby), I finally called the doctor to see if maybe her medicine (Zantac) needed increased. We went to the doctor Friday afternoon and they upped her prescription. I have already seen the positive results! Now if I can just get to her take a long nap again. Long nap for Lily is 2 plus hours.

We found out..
*Weight: 11 lbs 13 oz
*Height: 23 1/2 inches
*Completely healthy

Although I need to go to CVS to fill her script, I don't think I will be able to today... snow is already here! We're supposed to get anywhere from 5-10 inches. We'll see.

To completely brighten my outlook on life, Jordan (and supposedly Lily) surprised me on Sunday morning (for Valentine's Day) with a yummy breakfast and some Hershey kisses with caramel and a love note. Love notes are few and far between for Jordan. He expresses his love for me in other ways, not usually written down in a card/note/etc.

But how sweet it was! I re-read it over and over. It wasn't anything he hasn't said to me before, but there is something about the written word that makes it more... permanent. After all, that is how Jordan proposed to me - through a note.



This is the said note with the ring box and 'our' plant that we named Brutus.

At the time, Jordan and I were both in school with him in Columbus at OSU and myself in Zanesville at OU-Z. This is the duplex at 1972 N. Fourth Avenue where we fell in love and became engaged.

What wonderful, sweet memories.

3 comments:

Susan said...

just a funny side note from my experiences....my kids even as babes reacted to my state of mind. it was almost Twilight Zone-esque.

But that's motherhood!

Robert used to write poetry to me...and no longer does. The poetry now comes the same way...service to me. But I still yearn for the poems.

Colleen Eve said...

Hillary dear - I'm not happy to hear that you are having mental breakdowns and are not calling me to help! I know I'm preggo and am getting ready to enter the losing my mind phase too but I still don't like to hear that you're losing it!!!

PS - I still remember the look you had when you walked into church after Jordan proposed on May day. Such a sweet trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

I can't add anymore stress to your situation!

By mental breakdown, I mean... I cried and was overwhelmed. But this is a new week and everyday is a new day. :)