Friday, February 19, 2010

New Job

I started a new job about 4 months ago, Mommy-hood. This job would be and is, different than any other job I have ever done. Unlike other new jobs, this one did not come with any official training material.

But, one of the best books I read that helped me was suggested by my sister-in-law Jocelyn. The book is called 'On Becoming Baby Wise' by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam.

This book suggests ideas on how to train your baby to sleep through the night starting around 8 - 12 weeks of age. Not only does this book discuss STTN (sleeping through the night) but it also gives an outline of schedule options.

It worked for us, I read and re-read many portions of this book the first couple of months with Lily. And December 24th, she slept for 8 hours of sleep, straight! From there on, she only increased her sleep. She is now at 10-11 hours of sleep a night. As I am typing this, I am wondering if I am going to jinx myself...?

Either way, there is a blog I found awhile back that has been really helpful to me since I subscribe to the Baby Wise ways. This lady has an extensive archive dating years back, that talk about all kinds of issues for infants/toddlers.

Here it is: http://babywisemom.blogspot.com

Update on Day Nap Bootcamp: today is going MUCH better than the last three days. I think it is actually starting to click!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Hi!!!!!! I'm so glad to know that you have a blog and that I can see your little darling! Congrats to you. What a beautiful family.

So Afton read Babywise and really loved it and stuck to it a great deal. I read it but didn't do it. I'm so glad its working for you, it sounds like it helps a lot of people!

Valerie said...

Looooove Babywise. That's what we did with our girls!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

You are a wise-Mama...babywise or not! :) LOL You're doing awesome at your new job! :)

Susan said...

i just can't stand to see those pix without being able to squeeze Miss Lily in person. sniff sniff. She's adorable.