Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Orange Rolls

I have wanted to start baking breads for quite some time now but it seems so intimidating. My mother-in-law wrote a novel/recipe book FULL of bread recipes. Armed with fresh yest and flour with a few naptimes from Lily, I decided to bake some homemade sweet orange rolls.

I remember my Aunt Linda at Christmas and Thanksgiving bringing them to my grandmother's home and I loved them. I had never tasted a sweet roll before. Well, other than cinnamon rolls.

Here is my adventure from yesterday...

Lily helping me slice up our orange rolls:



Rising for the 2nd time:



Done rising:



Fresh out of the oven:



Glazed with sweet orange icing!



Thank you to Jordan for helping with Lily and cleaning up the mess afterwards!

3 comments:

Kensie said...

Yum, those look delicious! I started doing all of our breads and things a few years ago and now I love it! Another great book for breads (and lots of other things) is the The Food Nanny book.

Susan said...

Hillary those rolls look perfect. And how did they taste? Did you have to take them to the neighbors cuz Jordan wouldn't eat them? Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies!
They were very yummy - next time I need to make more glaze to put on top.
But yes, I did have to take some to the neighbors because I can't have a whole pan to myself when I am trying to lose those last few pounds from pregnancy!