I am so sleepy this morning. Lily woke around 6:15 and 'talked' until 7:00 and then cried until we got her up around 7:15 to nurse.
I didn't turn the baby monitor off when she was talking (a mixture of squeals, gurgles and coos) because I wouldn't hear her if she began to cry, which I knew would happen sometime in the next hour or so.
Right as I would be on the verge of falling asleep, I would hear a 'Eeeeek!' and my eyes would fly open. So maybe the repeated almost falling asleep/rapidly waking up threw me off because all I want to do is go back to bed.
I think she's starting to wake earler in the mornings because of the sun. We have daylight savings time here in about two weeks when we 'spring' forward an hour so I think that will help. I also need to find a dark sheet to put over her window until I can get some darkening curtains.
At 4 months (17 weeks today!) - she's making great progress with her day time sleep, taking three 1-2 hour naps a day with a little catnap in the evening (sometimes). Nursing 5 times a day and going to bed around 8-8:30pm and waking between 7:30-8:00am.
She is still in love with her fingers, mainly her thumb which she sucks when she is tired/trying to go to sleep. She also loves to chew/suck on blankets or Daddy's fingers. Lily likes to bat around at hanging toys and reaches/grasps quite efficiently now. She's working on tummy time and can almost hold her head up at a 90 degree angle.
A great 4 months thus far, and here is to more wonderful months ahead!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have "darkening" curtains in Scarlett's room, but her body is set to her own biological clock...she gets up at 6:30am every day...She's just an early riser. Guy on the other hand loves to sleep in.
Post a Comment