Thursday, February 18, 2010

16 Weeks

For the last month or so, Lily has had a difficult time. First, she got a cold which was no fun at all. Then she went through a growth spurt of eating like crazy. After that I couldn't get her back on any type of a normal routine, that she was previously on and both of us were loving life.

As I mentioned earlier, she needed her Zantac script increased so I thought that would help get back onto a normal routine. Mind you, I know she is a little baby and little babies do little baby things - I keep that in mind. I am flexible. BUT there is a line where the lack of routine/daytime sleep are making her extra fussy during the day.

This week I have tried a different approach to daytime naps because that must be the root cause to her fussy behavior. She is a chronic 45 minute napper. Almost to the dot! Every couple of days she'll take a super long nap for about 2 1/2 hours.

With my sleuth's hat on, I am setting out to encourage her to nap longer. Do I have the patience? I think so. Do I have the knowledge? After much researching, I have somewhere to start.

So we'll see where this leads us, hopefully on the happy napping track.

Here is Lily Mae's 16 week photo shoot - enjoy!

P.S. Thank you to Granny for the beautiful backdrop this week!










4 comments:

Susan said...

she is so adorable. Yes, babies need to nap. little children need to nap. bigger little children need to rest. So try a few things and you'll sort it out. Just be calm and know that this whole thing takes work and effort. That's why I was always tired. So much work. So much effort. And so little sleep for the mom.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Very cute photos! hope you got my email! :) You'll both figure this all out...just takes time sometimes! :)

Valerie said...

Good luck with the sleep training. We did that with Lara and it made all the difference. We didn't even wait to see of Vivi needed the help when she was born, we just started it right away! It'll pay off in the end.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the support everyone!

Today is day 4 of naptime bootcamp and I am already seeing an improvement!

I'll keep you posted and thanks again for the words of encouragement!!