*Late Post*
In early April, Jordan and I were cleaning out our closet and re-arranging how we store items. We happened upon our wedding outfits. I asked Lily if she wanted to try on my wedding dress and she eagerly agreed.
Zipping up my dress
How cute is that?
We were looking at all the embroidery and beading on the gown. Looking back, I would have rather had a different dress. My parents were going through their separation, which consumed most of their time and money. I ended up purchasing my dress online from some Mormon dress shop in their clearance section for $300. It was the only one that looked fashionable and had my size. I was fortunate to only need a couple of alterations which my old YW leader did for me. Because she was awesome.
As I look at these photos, I wonder what Lily's wedding day will be like. I'm determined to make it different than mine was; one where both parents are still married, we can really celebrate her union because we ourselves will be happy, we can help plan all the many, many details and provide the money that a wedding requires.
Lily really enjoyed trying on the dress and make believing in her imagination
I hope to put this photo in a frame next to the photo of the two of us on her wedding day
Daddy and daughter... look at that little head tilt
Besitos!
No comments:
Post a Comment