Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hatch's Visit

*Late Post*

We were blessed with more company - Jordan's parents - to come all the way to Florida to visit us and new baby Marius. This was about 4 weeks after the Eve ladies left. I felt so loved and was so well taken care of by all of our company. It was so hard to see them go.

Robert and Susan flew in and the kids and I went to the airport to pick them up. Everyone was so excited! We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving last year. 

Here is Robert holding little baby Marius for the first time


Granny and Papa took such good care of the babies while they were here so I could focus on Marius and getting back to taking care of the house. Here they are snuggling in their room and watching something.. Shrek or Frozen?


As usual, when Granny and Papa come, they bring books. And Lily and Robert really enjoyed listening to them... sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row, of the same book!


Prince Robert


Marius and I, this was right after his 6 week doctor's appointment (it was so nice to leave the kids with Robert and Susan so just Marius and I could go! Baby steps..)


Here is Granny with Marius as she sang him songs and told him all kinds of stories. Usually, he would gradually drift off into sleep as she spoke or sang.


Picking some lettuce and green onions, from our garden, for dinner. This is in March!! Hello, Florida!


Jordan and Robert took the kids on a walk down to the playground


Robert rode the bike with the two older kids in tow. And let me reiterate again, this is March and my kids are wearing short sleeves and shorts - with Crocs of course! This is one of the best parts of living in Florida. It's the weather from November - April. Near perfection.


At the playground! Getting out and getting fresh air!


I wasn't with them, but I can tell by this picture that Lily is most likely telling Papa something she knows, matter-of-factly as expressed by her arm and hand gesture


One of the days, Robert and Susan took the kids over to Fort Myers to a children's science center (Do not think COSI - not even close) called the Imaginarium. Here Lily is touching a baby alligator!


And so is Robert! What brave little cuties!


Here is Lily sporting a princess cape in the dress up station at the Imaginarium


Princess cape + excavation = Lily


Rob figuring out the puzzles on the puzzle wall


Now, this is one of Robert's favorite things right now - sand 



After the Imaginarium, the headed over to the local library to read books and enjoy time with Granny & Papa


Here is a little Marius baby at 6 weeks old, when they came to visit. 


More adventures with the grandparents while Mama stayed home and rested with baby M


The library! 


It was such a great visit with them and it was wonderful to have company, a date night with Jordan and help with the kids. I know we all really appreciated it. Thanks to Susan for sharing her pictures with me for this post - I lost all mine with my hard drive crash.

No comments: