Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fort Lauderdale Trip

In mid-April we had a very special opportunity to be apart of a new Temple opening in our area - the Fort Lauderdale Temple. I decided to volunteer to be a tour guide for the open house that would run for weeks where the Temple is open to the public. 

On the day I worked as a tour guide, Jordan and family came with me to be on my first tour!


The dedicatory stone that will be placed on the Temple once it is dedicated by a member of the first presidency of the church.


Here is sweetie boy Robert on the Temple grounds


It is a gorgeous, 100% Floridian Temple. Unique in many ways.. as you can see in this photo the color of the Temple isn't white or gray but a beige like color 




We woke up early on a Saturday morning, loaded the kids up in the car and headed over to Fort Lauderdale (which takes about 2 hours on I-75) to get there by 7:30am


The kids did really well on the way over and Jordan was more than willing to take care of all the kids while I worked at the Temple from 7:30am-1:00pm


Talking to my children about this very special and important day





While I worked the tours, Jordan took the kids over to Fort Lauderdale beach to play until I was done giving tours














While they played at the beach, I was walking through groups of 20 or so people through the Temple. In each room, briefly pausing to explain what the room is and what happens in that room. It was an amazing experience to answer questions about my church and gospel. While it was exhausting and inconvenient, it was well worth it.

Jordan picked me up around 1:00pm and we stopped for lunch at a local Bob Evan's and then headed home from there.

It was a very unique and special trip! 

No comments: