Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Appedicitis Recovery and the Kinkead's Visit

*Late post*

A few days after my appendectomy, my Dad and Teresa were scheduled to come visit. We needed help sooner, rather than later, so they booked a flight as soon as they could. Their flights down here were unreal, long, time consuming and expensive. But they made it down here around 2am on Thursday morning. 

I was still totally recovering and barely able to walk so I relied on Jordan to help me get out of bed and move to where I needed to be. Which at that time, was to another chair or the bathroom. That is really all I did during the week post op. 

Teresa had already been down here for 10 days just the week before so she went right back into cooking/cleaning/child tending mode. My dad helped with the kids, with me and Marius. 

Here is my dad holding a 2 week old baby Marius! I think he must have changed most of Marius' diapers during this time. I would just sit on the couch and nurse/eat or go to my room and sleep. 


How adorable is this picture? The sun coming in through the sliding glass doors and a sweet little newborn snuggled in?


I have no other pictures from their visit?! I barely did anything, let alone take pictures and then I dropped our laptop and all the photos were lost...!!

Their visit was beyond helpful. Full of love, conversations, service, clean sheets, happy grandchildren and rest. It was so wonderful to have them both down here. After experiencing so much family come down during this challenging time in my life, I am convinced there is something to the phrase 'It takes a village to raise kids'. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Not a village...it takes a family. Whatever form that family takes...and I think best friends ARE family, too