So, I've been MIA from the blogging world.
Our family life was taking all my energy and I had none left to give to this blog. Although, I do have all the posts saved that I wanted to finish about all the things that have gone on the last two months.
Rob is still having difficulty sleeping at night for about half the time - partly, because we have early morning (6:15am) religious seminary in our house. And with that means that a bunch of teenagers are going in and out of our house from the hours of 6am-7am. Annnnd with Rob being a light sleeper, he is usually awoken - either by Jordan getting up, the kids coming in, late kids coming in or the kids leaving. It's not like their loud, loud. But.. you know. Rob isn't the only one that has problems sleeping through it all - I do too. There are more mornings than I like to remember, where I have been awoken by Robert at 4am and then by the time he is back asleep it's 5:30am, and then Jordan gets up at 6:00am and then the kids come in at 6:15, late ones at 6:30am and then they leave at 7am.. and I am awake the whole time. Oh and then my kids actually wake up at 7:30 so I am not getting enough sleep.
I am the type of person who needs 8 hours of sleep each night. If I consistently miss the 8 hour target, I get... grumpy, tired, exhausted.. and then things start falling apart. Like my mind.
Ah.... yeah, so on top of no sleep, sickness has hit our family twice which made for challenges all around.
But I will be back to blogging, all in good time.
Monday, December 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Hilary. You and me both. I'm sorry you haven't been getting better sleep :( I go crazy without enough sleep too. Hope you are still using Astrid for babysitting eveyonce in awhile ;)
It's early yet in this seminary thing but you all will adjust to it, probably in time for summer break. I'd tell the late kids this: if you are late don't bother coming. Late? What's late? Good grief!
are you sure you want company in December?
Honestly this whole sleep thing is one of the reasons I put off having kids for so long. It sounds really dumb, but I am one of those people who can't function on very little sleep. Plus I always get sick when I don't get enough sleep. I just don't know how other moms do it. I have survived with Lorelei who is kind of inconsistent in her sleep habits, but I don't know how I will do another kid.
Post a Comment