Monday, September 5, 2011

Franklin Park Conservatory

Jordan bought a Groupon (group coupon deal) for buy one get one free admission to the Franklin Park Convservatory here in Columbus. I had not been and I've lived in central Ohio since I was 4! Jordan took a summer Friday at work and we all traveled downtown to see the park. It was visually amazing, it was so pretty I was almost overwhelmed with all the beauty! Originally, this land was the first site of the Ohio State fair, back in the late 1800's. With time, it became a conservatory and botanical garden.


Here is the main entrance into the conservatory





The special exhibit is a botanical butterfly room, where there are butterflies flying all over tropical plants. It was so cool, here Lily is attempting to touch one.



Unfortunately, there was a butterfly right near the entrance and he looked injured :(



Inside the butterfly exhibit, there was a koi pond. Lily was in love



Daddy and Lily at the koi pond



Mommy and Lily watching the fish swim around



Lily and I at the fountain in the palm room portion of the conservatory. This portion is the original building from the conservatory, it was fascinating to be in such a historical place




Daddy thought (or didn't think..?) it would be a good idea to dip Lily's feet in the fountain which she thought was a pool. Against my advice, he did it anyway. We had one sad, crying Lily when she couldn't get completely in the water. It took him a few tried to pry her outta there!



All over the park there are glass blown pieces that are goregous. Lily and her super pregnant Momma...




Lily did great the whole trip and really enjoyed going to the outside gardens where there was a glass blown 'garden'. They had pumpkins, squash, tomatoes all made in beautiful colors - purple, orange, red, white and glass blown. The challenge was to keep her little fingers off of these works of art which were priced at $300 plus!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

We got engaged at Franklin Park! I haven't been to the conservatory, but it's a very nice park! I think Steve misses Columbus City Parks!

It looks like you guys had fun--and you look like you're about ready to pop! :) Keep him in there a few more weeks, please!