Thursday, September 15, 2011

38 Weeks, 3 Days

I had my last office visit yesterday for baby #2! It seems like this pregnancy has flown by, despite it's unforeseen challenges.

I am dilated to 3 cm and my induction has been scheduled for Wednesday morning 10:30 at the new Dublin Hospital. I've been feeling a lot of pressure since Tuesday morning. I did not have this same sensation with Lily's pregnancy. But I was never dilated to 3 cm with Lily either. With my body being ready to deliver it gives me hope that this delivery will go much smoother than last.

Please, please, please go better than last time.

3 1/2 hours of pushing + vacuum suction + episiotomy + nurse on top of me pushing baby out = traumatic experience

I'm also praying that if I have postpartum depression that it is minimal. The first few weeks with Lily seem like an emotion-less, sob filled blur. I don't remember much happiness during that time and it scares me that it could happen again.

Although, I am taking preventative measures this time. I spoke with my OB who gave me the option of using an anti-depressant for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy and then for the first 6 weeks of postpartum. I opted yes. For some reason it feels like I am a weak person for going on the medicine. Like, why can't I just fix it myself?! But I remember what it was like to be in that hellish mental turmoil, where I had no way to get out until it passed on it's own. With those memories still so vivid, I humbly and thankfully accepted this option of temporary treatment.

With that, here is to a happy, healthy baby and delivery! We cannot wait to meet our little baby boy.

4 comments:

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

How exciting!!! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pictures.

Melissa said...

Good luck Hillary! It's crazy that you're so close. Everything will go great. Thinking of you and sending good baby vibes your way!

Susan said...

it's not being weak. why do we have docs and meds if it's not for our careful and thoughtful use. You will not get addicted and you'll find yourself off of them before you know it. Relax...enjoy the ride.

Ca V Ha said...

Hillary - don't feel like that! Mental issues aren't like physical ones - at all! You are a strong person!