What a wonderful way to bond with a grandmother, by baking with patience and love. I remember watching my Grandma Anna bake all the time but I don't think I ever helped out. It's a lesson for both the baker and the wee one - the baker learns to be patient with the wee one and the wee one experiences something completely new. A great mutual exchange.
Here is Susan with Lily as they prepare to make the cake
Pouring in the oil
How cute is this shot? Super cute, I think. Susan helps Lily turn on the Kitchenaid mixer to mix up all the ingredients
After the cake baked, cooled and was frosted - Lily helped Susan sprinkle sprinkles all over it. It was adorable. Here Lily is offering Granny her finger for a taste of the frosting
1 comment:
how fun, makes me homesick for my grandkids-will see them this month.
Post a Comment