Monday, November 15, 2010

Sick

So I am sick. Yuck.

I think it started Friday when I took a nap while Lily napped, I was so tired! I woke up Saturday feeling funny and by Saturday night I was done.

I recalled that the last time I had a cold was sometime March 2009. That's over a year and a half! Awesome! I guess my immune system deserves a run for it's money every so often, right?

Ever since I had an intense sinus surgery in June of 2007, I have been so much healthier in the cold department. I had my deviated septum fixed, turbinates reduced, all sinus passageways opened up and extra cartilige removed. Phew! It was a nasty and rough but completely worth it. Before the surgery I would get 6-8 sinus infections a year. After? I think I've had one or two?


The above picture is from my recovery. I lived on that couch for 10 days. I couldn't lay down because of the swelling and blood so I had to sleep in a reclined position. Jordan moved a futon mattress down to the living room and slept next to me so I wouldn't be lonely. You can barely see the red mattress on the bottom of the picture.

He brought me breakfast, lunch and dinner (plus snacks!) to me on the couch with a tray, as seen above. He would change my nose dressing (I can't imagine how gross this must have been) every so often. Jordan took care of my medicines, phone calls to the doctor. He took care of me the 2nd day post op when I threw up 25 plus times in one day. I thought I was going to die, ha! Since I was on some heavy pain meds and sound seemed like my enemy, he would watch TV or movies with headphones so I wouldn't be bothered.

He was (and still is) amazing. What a great husband!

3 comments:

Susan said...

he certainly is everything i had expected him to be for you and lily.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

ah, that sounds horrible! Glad you are better after the surgery! I have found that I am healthier while pregnant and in the months that follow too...bonus!

Great Grandma Lin said...

get well soon, it's not fun to be sick