Monday, November 8, 2010

Date Night

This past Friday night, Jordan and I had the lovely opportunity to go on a date night. Just the two of us!

It all started when my friend, Lori, called me up on a Monday morning to ask me what I was doing that Friday night. I figured she wanted to hang out so I checked the calendar and we were free. She let me know that she would come over and watch Lily for the night so Jordan and I could on a date!

How lovely is that?!

A (somewhat) random act of kindness. When was the last time you gave it or received it...?

On Friday, Lily was pretty tender almost the entire day (as was the entire weekend, too!). I was worried that she may be cutting two more teeth on the bottom and wondered if it was best to have Lori come to watch her. I gave her some advil and prayed she would be okay!

Lori came over and my anxiety began. Lily hasn't been watched by too many people outside of family. Jordan and I gave her some hugs and then passed her back to Lori. She began to fuss, naturally. I instantly walked out through the door to the garage and tried not to listen! As we drove to Easton, I was extra chatty in the car to force my thoughts on something other than the possibility of Lily crying. I have watched all kinds of little ones - at most, they cry for 10 minutes and then are fine. I knew this would ring true for Lily too. But I had to make sure I was also okay :)

We ate at North Star Cafe, which is a local joint right next to the Barnes & Noble. It's an organic, chic cafe with delicious, healthy food. It was absolutely delicious. Jordan and I talked about everything other than Lily. Where did we want to be in 5 years, our families, his job and our relationship. So nice to not have to divide my attention between him and Lily!

Lori was kind enough to send us pictures of a happy Lily playing with her toys to ease any fears I may have had!

After dinner, we went to Goodwill (really, where else would I go on a Friday night?!) and scored some great finds. Then onward to home where we found a happy Lily just crawling around. It was overall a great night. It was so fantastic to spend time with only Jordan. Although we did miss our little Lily!

2 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

take more time for the two of you to build your relationship-it's a gift for lily too.

Susan said...

what a super friend. And btw, I love your new heading picture.