Monday, September 20, 2010

Soccer

This past Tuesday I had the chance to watch my little brother Cyrus play in one of the biggest games of his soccer career. Jordan so graciously encouraged me to attend and that he would take care of sick Lily and put her to bed. I was hesitant but went anyway. The game was so much fun! Cyrus was a captain too! He played great and they won, beating Tri-Valley 2-0. I got to see so many old friends and enjoyed catching up with everyone.

I had forgotten what it was like to go to a amped high school rivalry game. Crazy! Kids were everywhere all decked out in blue, gold and white! Our mascot is a tornado. Jordan's high school mascot was a cardinal. We always joke around with each other that the other's mascot is wimpy. I say that a tornado could kill a cardinal in a second but he says that there would be no tornadoes if cardinals didn't flap their mighty wings create tornadoes.

Here is me with our high school mascot - we did not have this tornado suit when I was in school but I thought it was hilarious and had to get pictures with it!


We're number one!


Cyrus at the end of his game that they won! He was so happy. All of his team mates were high fiving and back patting eachother.


I am so proud of my little brother!


As a side note, I could not believe some of the behavior at the game. Some of the audience were shouting/yelling such rude things! And the ref? That poor ref, while he couldn't even run the length of the field, he still didn't deserve half of the things yelled at him.

I hope that when I see my little Lily out there playing one day in the future, that I will remember to be kind always and to think before I speak.

2 comments:

Susan said...

you will remember because I will remind you. fans can be total creeps.

Yes, I have to say Jordan is right. There's nothing scarier than a flock of cardinals from BHS...but in our case, it usually was the band....not the football team.

Marissa was the cardinal one year.

Susan said...

oh and tell that hunk of a bro of your, congratulations! He looks quite the studmuffin