Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rant

Fair warning: this post is a angry rant.

It all began when our (really, my) Honda Accord's air conditioner stopped working 4 weeks ago. Some days it would work and other days it would not. Until it finally went out, for good. Jordan and I took the car down to Meineke who will diagnose the problem for free. They told us that the blower motor which creates the air, worked but the power cords to the motor, the transistors, are probably the culprit and that we should go to the Honda dealership to get it fixed, properly.

Jordan and I then go down to Immke Honda located off of Sawmill Rd. This is where the bad experience begins. The guy who took our car used profanity while talking to us. Really? Profanity? Did he not notice that I had a baby on my hip or that I didn't laugh when he was cursing? They took our car and said they would look it over and let us know. Later that night they call to tell us that the blower motor and the transistor were blown and it would cost approx. $400 to fix. Jordan was not happy because Meineke had told us that the motor did work.....

So Jordan says just order the blower motor first becase Immke confirmed that that was the culprit.

We wait. For 5 days. That means I do not have a car. At all. During the day. With a little baby.

We call Immke back and the tell us that the part was on back order. Okay.... Why did they not call us to tell us that???

We pick up our non-air conditioned car and waited for Immke to call us when the part came in. Two weeks pass without a word or call from Immke. I am getting super impatient but Jordan tells me my anger is in vain and to be patient. Finally, I call Immke yesterday to see what the heck is up with our part that we already paid for! They tell me it is still on back order and they 'have no idea at all when it will come in'. I ask 'like 3 weeks or 3 months?' and they cannot tell me either way. GR.

I start calling around to other dealerships who DO HAVE THE PART. Until I finally find a dealership who has the part and can get our car fixed in less than 24 hours. I cancel our parts order and get our money back for the blower motor. We are still out $90 for the 'diagnosis fee'.

Lindsey Honda off of Scarborough Dr. in Reynoldsburg takes our car last night, and guesses that it is not the blower motor at all. They look over it, fix it and call us the following morning. The fix was $200 total and the only part needed was the transistor. Jordan just picked the car up and it works perfectly.

So to recap: Immke was going to replace a part that worked perfectly, charge us an additional $200 that was unnecesary, make us wait anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months.

I called and am waiting a call back to get out $90 refunded for the 'diagnosis fee'. They didn't diagnose anything! I want my moola back. If I have to take a crying, tired baby down to Immke, I will.

I am woman - that wants her money back - hear me roar!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Go for it, that was ridiculous. Once we found a mechanic that we trusted we've stuck with them because they are hard to find!

Colleen Eve said...

Do it - Lily can rant with the best of them. Don't let them yank you around!

Great Grandma Lin said...

go for it...car dealers are like that. Imagine days of long ago when there were no car airconditioners. I know it sounds unbelievable but it really happened. Sometime after the days of horse and carriages. LOL! good for you in persisting...

Reed said...

This is not the first bad - not even just negative - review I've heard form Immke. I'll never go there!