Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family Time

I haven't posted in a week!

We've been pretty busy this summer and I think our summer is finally winding down. After this weekend, we don't have any permanent plans.

Angela ended up staying the entire week last week and we had a great time with her! On Thursday evening we went to Sumeno's off of Sawmill for their buffet. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. The food was okay but the pizza was nothing to write home about. Sad. I would have rather ate at Cici's!!

Lily definitely missed Angela playing with her all day long. Angela loved witnessing Lily's first week of crawling as seen here:

Angela read a lot to Lily. How cute are those two?!

Reading Peek-a-Zoo from Granny


I love Lily's pose here - toes pointed, legs locked and arms in the air!


Angela and I hit some garage sales on Friday morning before we prepared to head out to Zanesville to drop her off at home. But before we left, the mail came and probably the coolest package I have ever received came!!

If you've checked out my other family history blog you have read about my great-great uncle Osric Picklesimer shooting and killing his father, my great-great grandfather, Nathaniel Picklesimer. It's a huge  family legend. I decided to get the facts from the Johnson county court system in Kentucky where the murder took place. The clerk of courts copied all the original court documents from November 1912 and March 1913!!

Once I get them scanned in and transcribed, I will post them. Needless to say the family legend was wrong! I feel like a detective now. I love it.

Here are some pictures of me reading the copy of the documents to my grandfather, he was thoroughly interested! He even remembered a lot of the witnesses who testified!


Continuing with the witnesses, trial details..


The story gets a little juicy!



1 comment:

Great Grandma Lin said...

amazing things are found in court records...happy to hear you love genealogy. I've done it for 50 years even while raising my 4 sons-3 or them Hatches.