...It must have started when I was a little girl. My maternal grandmother had one, her mixer also had a strawberry patterned cover that she made to go over top of it. My mother has one and used it at least two times a week to make this or that.
Naturally, I fell in love.
These mixers made buttery rolls, soft cookies, yummy cakes, delicious bread loaves and creamy icing! How could I not have loved it so?
When Jordan and I first got married I realized just how expensive these machines are. Hundreds. I went without anything other than wooden spoon the first year of our marriage. For our 1 year anniversary, however, Jordan got me a hand/stand mixer.
As the years passed, I wanted a real mixer. Jordan's mom was so kind as to give us her mother's Bosch mixer. Finally, we could do double batches of cookies and make bread!
But I still never forgot about my Kitchenaid mixer.
Then one day, about a month and a half ago, I saw one at Kroger's as a closeout item. It was $100.00 of their original price. There was only one left. I watched it weekly. Each time Lily and I went to that Kroger I would look to see if it was still there. Each time it was, I felt like it was an omen to buy it!
After telling Jordan about it, we waited a couple more weeks and then finally bought it.
Voila!
My hilarious husband, with a bowl on his head.
3 comments:
how fun, happy cooking.
how cool! and what a find! want me to take back the bosch now? I could find another person who prefers it over the KitchenAide. 'sup to you!
ooh, I'm glad you have what you want! I wish I had known that you lvoed them...My kitchen aid is sitting in my basement....in the box, barely used b/c I'm a bosch girl!!
Post a Comment