Lily girl is sick. We are on day 5 of the cold also known as a green volcanic explosion out of her little baby nose.
It's been rough. The adjective rough may be an understatement.
She seems to be doing better during the night, which is awesome. I just want her daytime to be better. She fusses and fusses. Then pulls on me so I pick her up. Then she wiggles and squirms and changes position in my lap. Then she cries and squirms more and wants out of my lap. She then rubs her nose all over my shirt, expelling her snot and saliva. Repeated over and over all day. Unless she is eating or sleeping.
Out of 13 hours that she was awake yesterday, she slept for 2 hours. Suckiness.
It will end. Right? Haha, no.. I know it will end but in the thick of it I cannot imagine what it was like when I could lay her down for her naps and she would just fall asleep. Each nap time, bed time is a battle. It takes usually an hour to get her to fall asleep. She can't suck her thumb, she can't breathe out of her nose and she has snot running everywhere. She most likely feels achey and has a head ache. Poor bebe.
We went to the doctor today to ensure her ears are clear. They are, thank goodness.
I guess when I pray for patience, I am given a fantastic opporunity to gain it.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor Lily! That happened once when Guy was a baby...I think I ended up using saline solution to clear up his nose, because he couldn't breathe to sleep.
Dallin has the same thing! Crazy
Motherhood is never easy the most demanding 24/7 job/career around. Hang in there, she'll get better.
yes to the saline solution. and do you have some sort of vaporizer? just the moisture and the soft gentle hum might help our Lily. She probably have flu=like aches and that's why she can't get comfy in your arms. As adults we do the same thing, don't we? thrash around trying to ease the aches. and probably you could add teething to her woes and you've got a miserable babe.
Thank you for the words of encouragement everyone!
I have a vaporizer with euclyptus going, saline at least three times a day, vapor rub, tylenol and baths/steaming.
She just cut a tooth this morning so I am sure that is adding to the discomfort for her.
She'll get better - soon!!
Post a Comment