Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vacation! O, How I Love Thee

Jordan took off a ridiculous amount of time this holiday season to spend time with us from December 19th through January 3rd.

Lily and I were spoiled to the max!!

He had to finally go back to work today and as I pondered our stay-cation vacation, I realized I only changed 5 diapers over a two week span of time. Wow. I got a Mom-cation, too! We all had so much fun, it was the best time of our entire marriage (although a cruise in the Carribean comes close). Lily got to play with Daddy all the time and loved it. We all snuggled, watched TV, giggled, played, took walks, went shopping, stayed up late, slept in, visited friends, partied, visited family, cleaned the entire house, worked on home improvement and loved every minute of it.

I loved going grocery shopping solo. It's just so much easier. I was able to go to Meijer - spend $168 minus $53 in sales minus $42 in coupons minus $7 in promotions for a grand total of $68.00 total!!  It was awesome. I could not have done that with a little one in the cart.

We watched Inception and Toy Story 3 - both awesome, yet completely different movies.

I baked lots of cookies, made lots of meals to freeze for the future and stocked all of our pantry shelves (and then some!).

Chocolate crinkles - yum, yum and more yum


One of Lily's presents - a new playroom (our old dining room)


She escaped!! :)


One of Jordan's projects this break was to install a new door to our garage. The old one, which must have been original to the house was d-e-a-d. Here is what the flooring looked like underneath the laminate - yikes! Glad it was updated before we moved in 


Installing the new, energy efficient, sealed tight door!


Lots of snuggling in jammies. Lily had a cold for most of the break, unfortunately. It was a 15 day cold. AHHH!


Cozy


This is another snuggle session on the couch. She loves her Daddy so much


Time to get down and play!

2 comments:

The Loops said...

Can you please post a recipe for those crinkle cookies? Your homemade oreas are now a staple in our house!

Great Grandma Lin said...

it's fun watching your little one grow up...