In case you were wondering, yes, I am still alive.
Unfortunately, for the last 10 days all of us have been sick with a nasty virus. Lily is still the only one sick with a ton of snot coming from her little baby nose. This is sickness #1 of 2011 for her. I read somewhere that the average for toddlers is 12 colds/illnesses a year. Let's see if Lily fits the stat or not.
I have been attending to the sickees and then getting sick myself for about 5 days. Jordan had it way worse than I did. I attribute it to my endoscopic sinus surgery that I had in 2007. The ENT totally cleared me out almost making it impossible for mucus to gather and case congestion. I love it.
As I have become a much more service oriented person, I noticed that I was on the receiving end this past week from my good friends. I had three meals offered to me, multiple calls, texts or emails sent to me and goodie bags brought over to help our family make it through this cold with ease. I was so thankful and amazed at the kindess from these ladies. I realized that since I had given them service in the past, they were there for me when I was in need. Amazing concept - do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Is not that a key ingredient to a happy life?
I think so, I know so. I am so thankful for my friends and their willingess to serve!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should do Service Boot Camp over on my blog! I should have another one coming up here soon...but the original service boot camp that I did last year is 30 days of serving others every day. It's a fun thing to try to do!
I hope you all feel better soon! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you :) I would be happy to help
glad you are feeling better and reaping the rewards of your service to others-that's what it's all about.
Post a Comment