I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
That is what the little engine that could said as he chugged up the hill.
I feel a lot like that engine right now! I think I can make it through winter, I think I can make it through teething, I think I can make it! Now, I really should change the phrase to I know I will make it through.
That's more like it - I KNOW I WILL MAKE IT!
My SAD (seasonal affective disorder) hasn't kicked in... yet. February is the worst time for me but I have a list of things 'to do' to keep me from feeling down. Mall trips, play dates, library visits, family visits, spending time with friends, possible pool party in my basement (for the kiddos!) and field trips to new places.
The past month has been okay, but really I've had a lot of Mommy challenges. Such as: a two week cold, weaning from the bottle when Lily would only drink 4 ounces of milk the whole day and the emergence of her 1 year molars. To top it off, Lily wasn't falling asleep for bed for over a week so I thought she might need to drop to one nap.
Fail.
Sooo on the plus side... we are back to two naps a day - one a cat nap and the other a regular nap. She is now drinking whole milk from a straw sippy without any problems (it just two weeks of Mommy/baby battle). Her cold is almost completely gone (yay!), just minor stuffiness leftover. And 3 of her molars have cut some of their points so the end is in sight. How is that for positive thinking? :)
With that in mind, January, your days are numbered and bring on what I am going to call Fabulous February.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
have you tried those special light bulbs that imitate the sun? very bright. I love them and I don't have SAD altho right now I could use those light bulbs just to get me over the sticker shock of the news of the repairs needed....sewer leak and electrical. I'm blue.
great postitive vibes! Febuary is sounding like that song...it's going to be a good night.....or something like that.
love reading about your escapades and hopes for problemless days with baby....lol!
Post a Comment