I am a little late with Lily's 14 month post but better late than never, right?
Here is what our little baby bop is up to now-a-days:
*Walking: Lily is a walking machine! It took her about two weeks to really get the hang of it but slowly she increased the amount of time she would walk versus crawl each day until it became complete walking. It's adorable. Oh, and exhausting! But thank goodness to baby gates, which makes my life so much easier!
*Signing: Lily is signing please, more, all done and can nod 'yes' and shake 'no'. I am glad I did signing starting at around 6 months. I think it helps Lily to communicate and gives her confidence that I do listen to her and want to accomodate most of her wishes, especially when it comes to food!
*Sickness: Lily had her worst cold to date. She was sick for 15 days... yuck! She was a trooper though and neither of us lost our minds, thanks to Daddy! Hopefully we're off the hook for at least another month. Winter + little kids = sickness.
*Finger pointing & waving: She enjoys to point her finger while waving it in the air. For example, she is not allowed to touch any space heaters (on or off) at all. So Jordan and I always say 'No, no' and then wave our finger in front of the heater so we can show her what we are saying no to - the space heater. She'll fuss and then walk over to the space heater and say 'No, no, no' and point her finger at it. Adorable!
*Talking - Her vocab is picking up new words such as 'bubble', 'go', 'Mama', 'Dada', 'no', 'hi', 'ball', 'dog' kind of!) and 'bye, bye'. She almost completely understands everything that I say to her. I will ask her to go get her Dolly or her sippy cup and she will do it. I will ask her to be my 'helper' and she will hand me yogurts from our grocery trip to load into the refrigerator. I will ask her if she needs help and she will nod her head. We will ask her if she want to go to bed and she will shake her head no. Hehe, the list goes on and it's amazing to think that she is internalizng so much of what I say!
*Moon eyes: This was a new thing that Lily picked up during Jordan's break. She will scrunch her eyes up to look like little crescent moons and fuss. It's so cute!!
*Sleeping: Lily has almost dropped her first nap, she is taking a catnap for 45 minutes and then a regular 1 1/2-2 hour nap in the afternoon. She still sleeps 12 hours at night and 90% of the time we have to wake her up in the mornings (which is awesome!!).
*Eating: Lily is trying new foods everyday and usually eats a great breakfast, lunch and dinner. I really strive to balance her meals and keep them nice, healthy and tasty. Recently, she has been rejecting her veggies (sweet potatoes, squash, carrots and green beans). I started troubleshooting and came up with the idea to buy some spray butter and spritz some on before I warm them up. So far, it's worked! She will eat them all
up!!
*Medicine: I made the decision to put Lily back on her Prevacid at 12 months. I took her off at 10 months and then realized two months later that her fussiness was not teething and in reality, she was still experiencing acid reflux. Since then, she has been much happier so I will keep her on it until I feel the need to stop. Even if it's at $50/month (thank goodness for an FSA account!).
*Blankie: Lily is now requesting her blankie at all naps and bed time. At night, I usually don't put it in her crib but the other night when I went to lay her down, she started fussing. I was a little confused, since she never fusses. I picked her up and she instantly pointed to the corner where her blankie usually is. I grabbed it and gave to her, she snuggled in and was out. Now, she wants it every time she sleeps, too cute!
*Sippie cup: Today is day two of Sippy Cup Bootcamp. We are weaning Lily off of her bottle and introducing whole milk in a sippy. She loves her sippy, we have always put water in it. But the minute she tastes milk in it, she refuses. She refused all milk until 4:45pm yesterday then guzzled 8 ounces plus 10 ounces of water at dinner. Today she refused until 6:00pm and drank 6 ounces with 8 ounces of water. It's going well but it's frustrating seeing her wilty because she's thirsty yet she won't drink because she's stubborn!
Jordan and I remark that she is growing up so much everday. Sometimes we watch her baby videos and just ooo and aww over her. We miss that little baby but love our little Lily, the toddler!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Santa" took Erin's bottles and replaced them with all new sippy cups! She wouldn't touch them at first... but once they were from "Santa," she was so excited to use them! (She was also much older than Lily!)
Post a Comment